Employing People


If you need to employ staff to help with your business, there are some things you must do.

You will need to register with your local PAYE office prior to employing staff.
You should bear in mind that directors of a company are employees for this purpose.

National Insurance for Employers

If you employ someone, you will be responsible for taking tax and Class 1 National Insurance contributions from their pay and paying these to the Inland Revenue. You will also be responsible for payment of Class 1 employer’s National Insurance contributions.


Payroll administration requires accuracy, confidentiality, compliance and, above all, the ability to ensure payments are made to staff on time.

National Insurance for Employees

Most people who work have to pay National Insurance Contributions (NICs).

Share Schemes

LaiPeters & Co will be able to help you decide on the best share scheme for you and your company. We will guide you and ensure that your tailor made share scheme complies with Inland Revenue regulations.

Tax Issues for Employers

Do you want to offer tax-efficient remuneration schemes to your staff? Do you worry about keeping up with the latest developments in employee taxation