Employing People

Tax Issues for Employers

Do you want to offer tax-efficient remuneration schemes to your staff?  Do you worry about keeping up with the latest developments in employee taxation?

Whether you need one-off tax advice or you want to set up and implement a complete remuneration scheme structure for your staff, our specialist team of advisers are here to help. We can advise you on all the following areas:

Company cars

The tax charge on a company car is currently based on a percentage of the list price of the car. The percentage will depend on the fuel emission of the car. There is also a separate tax charge if an employer provides or pays for fuel. The tax charge is known as the fuel scale charge and is payable in full irrespective of the amount of fuel provided. This charge is also dependant on the level of fuel emission. Employers are also liable to pay Class 1A NICs on these benefits.

Expatriate Employees Tax

LaiPeters & Co will guide you in expatriate employees tax issues such as modified PAYE arrangements.

P11D forms

By law, at the end of each tax year, you must give the Inland Revenue particulars of any expenses payments, benefits and facilities. LaiPeters & Co can assist in preparation of forms P11d and advise on ways to minimise the taxable benefits.